I hope you don't mind another FMQ post! I now have a stack of good-for-nothing practice sandwiches that have accumulated on my ironing board, which is all fine and good but I wanted to try FMQ on an actual....something.
A few days ago I took out some scraps and made a little drunkard's path block, which turned out cute but I did not enjoy that process. Maybe something that gets easier as you do it? Well I wasn't itching to do anymore d.p. blocks right at that moment so I took the one I made, framed it with some plain white cotton flour sack material and finished it off with some free motion, and I have to say, I like it!! It was tricky, because I was purposely using thread that would blend (as opposed to thread that was strongly contrasting as I did on my practice pieces) I had a really hard time seeing where I had been and where I still needed to go. Also I started in the middle which was maybe not the best place to start. But in the end I am happy with it. I still have lots of learning to do, my stitches vary quite a bit in length, but for the most part my tension is okay and I'm starting to get more comfortable with the feel of it all, so I'm happy! This little one measures in at about 11"x11".